A697 Resurfacing Works 6th – 10th March
Posted: February 17th, 2017
Scottish Borders Council are investing an additional £2.4m to upgrade selected local road surfaces in the financial year of 2016-2017. The A697 through Greenlaw and the Duns Road junction are due to be resurfaced as part of the scheme. The work will be carried out between Monday the 6th and Friday the 10th of March 2017. The A697 will stay open to traffic but there will be a convoy system in operation during working hours. The Duns Road A6105 will be closed during working hours but diversions will be in place.
Fore those travelling on the A697 access to Blackadder Caravan Park will be provided for light and local traffic via Church Street in the village. Any vehicles larger than a car will need to follow the official diversion which will be sign posted.
During the works:
- The A697 through Greenlaw will remain open between the working hours of 9:15 am and 4pm. Traffic will operate under a convoy system during these hours to allow the work to be completed safely.
- The Duns Road junction of the A697 and A6105 will be closed between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Local light traffic will be permitted to use Church Street.
- Temporary parking restrictions will apply to the A697 and Church Street for the week between 8 am and 5 pm.
- Pedestrian access, public transport and emergency services will all be permitted through the works.
Please note that immediately before the new surface is laid, the existing surface will be sprayed with a bituminous emulsion. This coating is very sticky, it will stick to soles of footwear, bike tyres, pets paws and is difficult to remove. It can also transfer to your carpets and furniture. We would advise avoiding the road where possible until the emulsion has been covered with the new surface layer.